Sunday, December 21, 2008

End of day 5

We met some of our other group - two other couples. Dunno what to make of them yet, didn't do more than exchange names, however they don't appear to be the super-fit freaks I was scared off meeting.

We wandered down to Durbar square today which was fascinating. Lots of people, took some good photos. On the way back we saw our second 'road accident'. The first one happened yesterday when a motor bike hit a patch of water and fell over right in front of Vince (I was walking on the opposite side of the road). The guy was ok, Vince helped stand his bike up and the guy got back on and zoomed off. He was only wearing thongs but because of the crowded streets wasn't going too fast so no major damage. Today, while heading back, a guy on a bicycle fell over for some reason grazing my arm on the way down. Vince was a few metres ahead and looking back to see where I was. He said the guy seemed to just lose steam as he passed the intersection and fall over for no real reason. I didn't see it, just felt something hit my arm, looked down saw that the guy was on the ground, but ok, so I quickly hurried back to Vince.

We're off to the casino tonight. Of our tour group 3 haven't shown up, and 1 is sick so they are doing the group meal tomorrow. We're not sure about dress standards or even if women are allowed in the casino, but we'll soon see!

2 comments:

Miseryguts said...

Casino? I thought Nepal was 'primitive', lol. Don't gamble away all your holiday funds :).

Good luck with the trekking.

Amber said...

Nah didn't end up going which is a shame, a Nepalise poker chip would have looked good in my collection.